Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Down load the info
1. Main facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, females and girls comprised 51% for the populace of England and Wales, and guys and men made 49%
- Many ethnic teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There clearly was a bigger feminine than male populace in the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where women and girls constructed 53% of this populations that are respective
- There was clearly a bigger male than feminine populace when you look at the Arab group that is ethnic where males and men constructed 58% associated with the populace, and among individuals who recognized as just about any ethnicity (54% guys and men)
The Census is planned and performed by the working office for National Statistics (ONS) any a decade in England and Wales. The final Census occured in March 2011.
The Census may be the survey that is only provide an in depth image of your whole populace of England and Wales. It generates it feasible to compare various areas of the nation as all households are expected exactly the same questions inside the time period that is same.
When it comes to 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published out to all households utilizing a specially developed national target register. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it online. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals located in domestic care houses, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, armed forces bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of these, 97% replied the concern about ethnicity.
This data stops working the populace of England and Wales by sex and ethnicity. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every ten years to get information on every person residing in the united states on a particular date.
The census offers the source that is only of comparable data both for little areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The information the Census provides permits central and government that is local wellness authorities and lots of other organisations to prepare housing, education, health insurance and transportation solutions for many years in the future.
The Census runs on the standard collection of cultural teams to gather and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised categories that are ethnic
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other Asian background
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Black British:
- Every other Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ history
Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Every other Mixed / Multiple background that is ethnic please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Some other White background, please describe
Other cultural group:
- Some other group that is ethnic
2. By ethnicity
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|